James Ross Kilmeade's Interview on The Selena Slamour Show: When Multi-Talent & The Big Apple Collide

You might be asking yourself what it feels like to be living in the Big Apple as an artist, releasing your own songs, playing in a band in front of a large crowd, perfoming on MTV, attending runway shows a s a model & starring in different music videos as well as TV shows.

Selena Gomez Selena Gomez Selena Gomez

Well guess what: Multi-Talented actor, model and singer-songwriter James Ross Kilmeade did exactly all those things, and I had the privilege to talk to him on The Selena Slamour Show about how everything started!


Grab a cup of coffee, turn on ''Violet' or any other incredible song my James & his band Gold Street Market - and don't forget to check them out on every social media platform that you're currently active on!







James Ross K. found his passion for music & acting from a really young age, but it wasn't until he graduated from High School when he knew that moving to NYC would be an incredible choice - not only for his artistic but personal life as well. 

Landing the lead of Adam Young's - aka Owl City's 3-part music video series released as part of the album, Cinematic ''All My Friends'', 'Lucid Dreams'', ''New York City'' - gave him the opportunity to dive back into his creative state of mind & represent Adam's as well as his own love for music and film.

James Ross K. in ''All My Friends'' by Adam Young, 2017



''It was so much fun, it was just such a great learning experience. We we're just really like on the fly, figuring things out and going to these really beautiful locations that I've never seen in Minnesota in middle America'' says James about his experience while shooting the music videos.


James and the crew on set





Not only were the locations an oustanding part of the  music video shoot, but the fact that James got to meet Owl City on set personally while shooting a scene with him together in front of a local book store.

He says: ''Adam's like the sweetest guy in the world. He's like a very private person. Honestly, I very much agree with this as I get older. He has a sweet set-up in his house and he just likes to be there and do his thing, make his music and enjoy his hobbies. He isn't like the most social person in the world - so he would show up and say 'Thank you so much for doing this!'. They gave me a gift basket and all this stuff, and they were so sweet. But he wasn't there like all-day, everyday - if that makes sense. He was so excited about the prospect of it kinda coming together 'cause he had this concept of this album 'Cinematic' that he wanted to be very much in a movie format. He was really really nice, and it was shooting that little bit with him and then like the little girl coming up.




James on set shooting ''Lucid Dream'', 2018







Being in the 3-part music video series allowed James to express his music in forms he has never thought of before. ''I was playing some of my songs on set, and it was before I had done a show really as like a musician, as selling my own stuff. I've always been writing but I was more of like trying to establish myself as an actor, I guess.

James Ross K. and Katy Schuele in ''New York City'' music video, 2018







After working on a project which both underlined the importance of music and acting - and going through a rough mental health phase - James Ross K. felt inspired & began to work on his single 'Violet' which reflects what he has been through, and how it helped him to find peace & hope in his art. ''I remember I went in to an audition in the city, and I went in for like a really good casting agency. I was really excited about it, but I couldn't play my guitar and remember my hands weren't working the same way they had been. I was so embarrassed. I literally got home and I had my guitar and I was playing just like that same two chords, and I just said 'today he doesn't fight it' - I'm not gonna fight this overwhelming feeling''. I really needed to write 'Violet' I felt like sh*t, you know haha.''


It didn't took much time for MTV to recognize James' talent, and invite him to their studios to perform his single 'Violet' on national television. James himself is still surprised how they found out about his then not yet released single - which gave him even more confidence to keep on writing and performing in front of crowds. One of his favorite moments, tells James, was one of his live shows in NYC's 'Berlin Underground' when a crowd member lost himself in James' performance.





James Ross K. by Steven Lee



It doesn't matter if it's acting, singing or modeling. James is open-minded and ''takes whatever he can get''. It's important for him to not loose control of himself and not always go with the crowds, but rather play some Xbox games at home and clear his mind: ''It's important to have something else you can rely on, otherwise you'd go crazy''.

James' NYFW debut with @thesocietyfashionweek @elieballeh @nymmg @redbird.photographync
Via IG










James by Steven Lee

James is living with his girlfriend Keaton Whittaker - an actress known for her roles in Broadway productions - together in New York City, Brooklyn and enjoying the beautiful vibes of the city. James' bucket list is still filled with many incredible goals and visions for the future, but one thing is for sure: His long awaited album is finally here, and you should definitely check it out. 'Cause you know what: ''The Work Awaits You Always''!  




Check out Selena Slamour's YouTube channel to watch the entire Interview she did with artist James Ross Kilmeade.

The conversation contains more detailed information ( e.g. awareness of certain subjects ) as well as a quizz game James and Selena Slamour did at the end of the Interview. 


Some extra footage:

















James Ross K. by Steven Lee










James Ross K. by @theemmaexperience









James Ross Kilmeade for ''Fall Out Boy'' clothing line




James Ross K. by @karl_simone for @nymmg

Cover Art/ Illustartion made by one of his friends mentioned in the Interview on YouTube












TikTok Selena Slamour

Comments

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *